Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Worst Cultural Offenders of the past 60 years ...

A complete aside here ... but I'm just surfing the web as I wait for my gorilla trekking guide to come and pick me up (african time clearly ... already two hours late) and I came across this piece in the Guardian ... The Worst Cultural Offenders of the past 60 Years ....

With typical guardianista snobbery - the author has listed amongst others:-
Andy Warhol
Bono
The Jerry Springer show
and Sex in the City ....

Have to say - my top 10 would include at least:-

Big Brother
Las Vegas
Boy bands
Fox TV
E! TV
Dolly Parton/Celine Deon and all those other terrible female singers of the gay pantheon
The Telly Tubbies
Techno ....

Hmmm .... in fact I'm now hard pushed to think of positive cultural influences .... perhaps Oscar Wilde was right ....

No comments: